Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's the Purpose of This Thing?

This blog is beginning as part of the youth ministry at the Gravette Church of Christ in Gravette, AR. That being said, all the writing here is the product of me--Justin Lillard--and the church is in no way responsible for the content of this site. So if you get ticked off for some reason and decide you don't like me, don't take it out on the church.

My intention in starting this is to provide an additional resource for our parents to help minister to their kids at home. Since the youth bible classes will be studying Matthew in the Winter Quarter, I thought it might be nice to provide some daily devotional thoughts that parents (or teens) can use to help: remind themselves of what we're studying, recharge their spiritual batteries daily, help parents have a better idea of what I'm teaching their kids in class, and cover some issues and material that we may not get to in Bible class.

That being said, the job of a youth minister is never done. It's long hours and no matter how full they are there's always someone who thinks you don't do anything and you're waaaaaay overpaid. Because of that, many projects (like this blog) tend to begin with great promise and hope, only to be buried under a mountain of criticism and activity. The important, as they say, is neglected in favor of the urgent.

It's my hope not to repeat this familiar pattern. However, I will need your help to do so. Please (ESPECIALLY if you're a member of our congregation) make use of this resource. I'd appreciate it if you'd comment on the posts. That way, I'll know that I'm not writing stuff that is simply being swallowed in the cyber-abyss of nothingness. Also, please help "spur me on to good works," (but please only via positive words and encouragement.)

I look forward to starting this new endeavor, and pray that it will be an effective and powerful wing of our youth ministry.

In HIM,
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment